The Twist Bridge: West 8 Architects

18 Nov

De Twist Brug, Vlaardingse Vaart, Netherlands, 8 West Architects, ABTDe Twist Brug, Vlaardingse Vaart, Netherlands, 8 West Architects, ABTDe Twist Brug, Vlaardingse Vaart, Netherlands, 8 West Architects, ABTSpanning roughly 42 meters, this bicycle and pedestrian bridge called ‘The Twist’ bridge for its contorted and sculptural lines, connects the Holy-Zuid district and the Broekpolder over Vlaardingse Vaart in The Netherlands. Designed by West 8 Architects with structural engineers ABT, the bright red bridge makes for a lovely and striking surprise in the natural green setting.

And if you like this bridge you might also enjoy West 8’s three previous red undulating Bridges Borneo-Sporenburg.

Photos © Jeroen Musch

6 Responses to “The Twist Bridge: West 8 Architects”

1. Andy Parkinson November 18, 2011 at 3:47 am #

so wrong, yet so right!

2. collabcubed November 18, 2011 at 9:31 am #

Ha! Exactly.

3. svetiqsvetiq November 18, 2011 at 5:25 pm #

@ Andy Parkinson – I totally agree, this should not work at all, and again it is such a fun

4. Mary Steinbauer November 21, 2011 at 2:35 pm #

You have very creative design. I have emailed you and saw on FB about an orange scandanavian chair I would like to sell

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

5. collabcubed November 21, 2011 at 5:21 pm #

Hi Mary – I don’t think we received an email from you and I’m not quite sure what you’re referring to. Please feel free to email again.

6. Petrov November 21, 2011 at 8:33 pm #

Hi I have a blue chair from Finland I would like to sell.