Free & Cheap things to do this weekend in NYC (3/8/13 to 3/10/13) in art, music, theater, performance, dance, architecture, film, design and general fun. Click through to event pages for more info, either on images above or in the descriptions below.
1. THEATER: Fri 3/8 and Sat 3/9 – Danny and the Deep Blue Sea: One-act play set in the Bronx where a man & woman emerge from their dark pasts into an empathetic embrace. 7pm FREE
2. ART: All Weekend – Spring/Break Art Show at the Old School in Nolita. 20 curators curate non-traditional art with theme of New Mysticism. Noon to 9pm. $5
3. FILM/TALK: Fri 3/8 and Sat 3/9 – Fusion Film Festival NYU’s premiere film and tv festival celebrating women in film. FREE
14. PERFORMANCE/ART: All Weekend & through 3/15.The Introducing Series at The Windows, Roger Smith Hotel: 13 artists, who represent a broad range of young makers and experienced performers, will exhibit their presence in this space for a full 12-hour day. FREE
15. ART: All Weekend – The (Un)Fair: Guerilla-style art show in a 19th Century Hell’s Kitchen building with almost 100 works. 11am to 8pm. FREE
16. ART/FOOD: Sun 3/10 – LES Gallery Stroll noon to 6pm and Brunch at various locations from 1 to 3:30pm. Brunch with RSVP FREE
17. ART: All Weekend – Nathan Sawaya & Dean West In Pieces; LEGO art and photography collaboration; 10am to 6pm through 3/17 FREE.
ALSO in LEGO: Fri 3/8 & weekdays through 3/20 –Piece by Piece Sean Kenney LEGO sculptures and artwork. FREE
18. MUSIC: Sun 3/10 – Organist, composer and friend Harold Stover plays works by Cesar Franck & Camille Saint-Saens. 5:15 at St. Thomas Church. FREE