Free & Cheap things to do this weekend in NYC (3/15/13 to 3/17/13) in art, music, theater, performance, dance, architecture, film, design and general fun. Click through to event pages for more info, either on images above or in the descriptions below.
1. MUSIC/ART/PARTY: Fri 3/15 – Broken Angel Block Party: Fundraiser with music and art to help 82-year-old Arthur Wood find a new home. 4 to 8pm. Benefit after Party from 8pm to 1am $10.
2. ART: Fri 3/15 & through 1/4 – Applied Design MoMA ranging from a mine detonator to a vessel made by transforming desert sand into glass using only the energy of the sun. Also on display are 14 videogames and more. FREE Fridays from 4 to 8pm.
3. ART: All weekend & through 4/28 – Jon Kessler: The Web – An immersive installation that addresses the significance of the internet & mobile devices in our lives. 12 to 6pm. FREE
4. FILM: All Weekend – Philip Roth: Unmasked at FilmForum. FREE tkts available first-come, first served at box office day of show.
5. FILM: All weekend & through 4/25 – Cinebeast’s Subway Series: subway-themed features, docs, and video ephemera at various theaters around the city, and even busking with short films underground. FREE to $12.
9. ART: Sat 3/16 6 to 8pm & 3/17 to 3/31 – The Wonder Cabinetexhibit brings together an eclectic group of artists, sculptors, costumers, video artist, holographers and more to compose a narrative together in a walk-through cabinet of curiosities. FREE
10. FILM/FOOD/DRINK: Sat 3/16 & Sun 3/17 – Spoons Toons and Booze St. Patrick’s Day cartoon episodes, all you can eat ceral bar and White Russians
11. ART/DESIGN: All Weekend & through 8/4 – Sagmeister & Walsh: Six Things: known for their experimental typography and striking visual imagery $12 FREE on Saturdays.